Friday 25 June 2010

GivesMeHope

Pretty much everyone's heard of FML, but you might not have seen its positive alternative, GMH (GivesMeHope.com). My inner cynic expected it to be cheesy and full of trivial events and "coincidences", but I was actually very moved by what I found. Here are some of my favourites:

My best friend died in a car accident on his way to deliver me soup for my cold.
Found in the car was also a bouquet of flowers and a card that read:
"We've been best friends for the last 5 years. Now, let's be lovers for the next 50."
Unforgettable LGMH


A little girl was dying of cancer and her younger brother had a match for the bone marrow she needed. The doctors told him it was a matter of life and death. After he had the surgery, he asked the doctors how long he had to live. He thought if he gave his bone marrow to let his sister live he would die but he did it anyway. GMH


22 years ago, a 16 year old girl was pregnant with a baby of rape.
Understanding the circumstances, her parents told her to abort or be disowned.
Her best friend - her 18 year old neighbor - although he was not the father, stepped into the father figures shoes. They got married 2 years later.
Mom and dad, your love for me and each other GMH.


My parents have been married for 35 years.
The other day my mom told me that when my dad calls her up at work to see if she wants to grab a cup of coffee, she still gets butterflies in her stomach.
Their everlasting love GMH.


To the girl at the gym who said she wouldn't get a prom date because she was too "fat":
My friends and I were lifting weights nearby to try to impress you. Don't ever think that all guys see is your weight. We thought you were gorgeous.
The fact that you will realize that one day GMH.

:-)
-freedomfightergirl

0 comments:

Post a Comment